FND Hope UK is part of the first and only global patient-led charity for people with Functional Neurological Disorder. Originating as a grassroots campaign, it uncovers the hidden world of FND and empowers those affected to live their best possible life.
The hard work and dedication by a few UK advocates, patients and medical professionals working together has become fruitful and FND Hope UK started supporting our UK FND community in 2015 and later became a registered CIO in England and Wales 28th June 2017 #1173607 and the first charity to be registered in Scotland 28th April 2018 #SC048333.
Our mission is to promote awareness, support affected individuals, and advance research for the prevention , treatment and recovery of FND.
A world where FND patients can expect to be treated with dignity, care and respect, regardless of the cause of their symptoms.
We are a force for change, uniting the FND community in the pursuit of empowering and improving the health and of those diagnosed with FND or battling medical uncertainty:
- Empowering individuals to advocate for themselves
- Growing a supportive patient network
- Improve understanding through education
- Cultivating and pioneering best practices for ethical patient-centred care
- Build an environment of collaboration and communication
- Accelerating and support science based research
- Fostering receptively to new discoveries
- Operate with integrity and transparency