Countdown to International FND Awareness Day
How can you get involved?
1. Spread Awareness
Share the Awareness Day Flyer
Make someone FND aware by printing or emailing the Awareness Day flyer and sharing it with healthcare professionals and/or the public. Then, dont forget to share your experience on social media using #LetsTalkFND!
2. Share your story
Contact the Media
Tips on getting your story published:
- Decide which section of the newspaper would be most interested in your story. Most media forms have a health section or think how your story relates to other sections.
- Become familiar with the type of stories the news source typically reports on. Are you a good fit for their agenda?
- Be factual. If you are not sure your information is accurate or if it is an opinion, then, present it as such.
- Be prepared with your info and any info you want to provide (FND Hope Media Kit, Press Release).
- Brevity is key. Short compelling stories gain the most attraction. Don’t get caught up in the details.
- Provide a photo or prepare to be photographed.
Your Name: Address: Contact details: Answer the following questions:
• What were you and your life like before developing FND symptoms? (30 words or less)
• When did your functional symptoms start? (20 words or less) How long did it take to be diagnosed? (25 words or less)
• What are your symptoms? (You can group symptoms together i.e. involuntary movements, cognitive impairment, mobility)
• How has FND impacted your life and those around you? (50 words or less)
• What do you want others to know or understand about FND? (50 words or less)
• Why is awareness for FND important to you? (25 words or less)
Share on Facebook
3. Fundraising for Hope
Hold an FND Event
Make A Donation
Contact 5 People Who Will Make a Donation
We will also email your donor pledges a “Thank You” if you forward us their name and email address to: email@example.com Subject: “Your name” – thank you