The 2021 Virgin Money London Marathon is taking place on Sunday 3 October, with a record 50,000 participants running on the streets of the capital, from Blackheath to The Mall.
On the same day, an additional 50,000 people will have the chance to take on the world’s greatest marathon on the course of their choice from 00:00:00 to 23:59:59 BST, wherever they are on the planet – building on the success of the first-ever virtual London Marathon last year.
Together, participants will make history by creating the world’s first 100,000-person marathon – would you like to be one of them?
We have 3 charity places available in the virtual 2021 Virgin Money London Marathon, so if you’d like to take part in this unique challenge, while raising much-needed funds and if you can pledge to raise at least £500 for FND Hope UK, please get in touch with us today, firstname.lastname@example.org. Your participation in our fundraising events is going to make a real difference to us, by helping us to raise more awareness of FND and to support our FND community.
You’ll find more information about the event, as well as ideas and inspiration for creative ways to take part in a virtual marathon, plus training and nutrition advice, at virginmoneylondonmarathon.com.
We hope you’ll join the thousands of other participants who’ll be celebrating everything the London Marathon embodies – fun, fundraising, fancy-dress and amazing community spirit – in aid of FND Hope UK
FND Hope UK Team
THE 2021 VIRGIN LONDON MARATHON POINTS TO NOTE
- Entrants must be 18 or over on Sunday 3 October 2021
- All 26.2 miles must be completed on Sunday 3 October 2021
- Participants need to observe current government guidance on social distancing while training and during the event
- The 2021 Virgin Money London Marathon App, powered by TCS, will require the participant to enable GPS to track their 26.2 miles
- Tracking information will be used to produce the individual certificate unique to the participant
- The virtual 2021 Virgin Money London Marathon is not held on closed roads
- Runners are responsible for their own nutrition and hydration during the virtual event
- All virtual event participants will be asked to upload proof of their time and official results will be published
- Participants in the virtual event may be eligible to apply for a Good for Age or Championship place in the 2022 London Marathon and for the London Classics medal – if they do so they will be asked to provide supplementary evidence. Further information will be published in the run-up to Marathon Day
- Visit our website for comprehensive lists of FAQs for charities