Countdown to International FND Awareness Week
How can you get involved?
Take the #LetsTalkFND Pledge! It's as easy as 1-2-3!
1. Spread Awareness
Share the Awareness Day Flyer
Make someone FND aware by printing or emailing the Awareness Day flyer and sharing it with healthcare professionals and/or the public. Then, dont forget to share your experience on social media using #LetsTalkFND!
International FND Day Awareness Flyer
2. Share your story
Contact the Media
Tips on getting your story published:
- Decide which section of the newspaper would be most interested in your story. Most media forms have a health section or think how your story relates to other sections.
- Become familiar with the type of stories the news source typically reports on. Are you a good fit for their agenda?
- Be factual. If you are not sure your information is accurate or if it is an opinion, then, present it as such.
- Be prepared with your info and any info you want to provide (FND Hope Media Kit, Press Release).
- Brevity is key. Short compelling stories gain the most attraction. Don’t get caught up in the details.
- Provide a photo or prepare to be photographed.
Your Name: Address: Contact details: Answer the following questions:
• What were you and your life like before developing FND symptoms? (30 words or less)
• When did your functional symptoms start? (20 words or less) How long did it take to be diagnosed? (25 words or less)
• What are your symptoms? (You can group symptoms together i.e. involuntary movements, cognitive impairment, mobility)
• How has FND impacted your life and those around you? (50 words or less)
• What do you want others to know or understand about FND? (50 words or less)
• Why is awareness for FND important to you? (25 words or less)
Share on Facebook
3. Fundraising for Hope
Help us continue to provide FND resources such as:
FND Scientific Registry for Medical Research
Webinars with FND Specialists and more!
Hold an FND Event
- Decide what type of event you want to do (Need some ideas?)
- Fill out the event form
- Share your event on social media using #LetsTalkFND
Make A Donation
Contact 5 People Who Will Make a Donation
We will also email your donor pledges a “Thank You” if you forward us their name and email address to: email@example.com Subject: “Your name” – thank you
You must be logged in to post a comment.